Monday 13 October 2008

Electric fish, hedgehogs and spy cars.

We had some shopping to do this morning and on the way out we saw a strange car with a mast on the roof. The mast had a sort of box on it. In the afternoon we went out again and there was this car again (in a different place). Then it dawned on me that it might be the Google Streetview camera car. I thought that was on hold in the UK. Hmmmm. I wish I'd managed to get a picture of it.

We set off to map Preston, a village just east of Hull. On the way into the centre of the village we saw an odd sign at the entrance to the Cock and Bell pub carpark. I'm not really sure what Electric Fish and Chips are. Are they both electric? Why would you want them? And then there's the dilemma of how to map them. I chickened out and left them off the map for now.

A bit later we saw a hedgehog scuttling across the road. I picked it up from the road and put it back onto the grass verge. It seemed a bit small so it might not make it through the winter hibernation, but I didn't run it over.

It took longer than I expected, so the road to Sproatley and beyond will have to wait.

No comments: