Tuesday 17 March 2009

In perspective

It's been a couple of weeks since I last wrote in this blog, it's been a trying time. We have had a small car accident where the guy in the car behind hit us at a junction as we went out to shops. It has been handled by our insurance company, but it is still a hassle. Then the real bomb fell.

My friend Pete who I have known for nearly thirty years died suddenly while out on his bike. Even writing this is hard and I've struggled to come to terms with it, but how Helen is coping with their business to run and two very small children I just can't begin to understand.

Then, maybe because of all this, I've been ill too. Today I went out on a bright warm day and had a go at some addressing near to home, partly as a distraction. It is distracting because it is tedious and awkward, so I had to focus hard on it, which was a good thing.

No comments: